From: Mario Vukelic <mario vukelic dantian org>
To: garnome <garnome-list gnome org>
Subject: 0.23.1: building eog:  "Failed to contact configuration server"
Date: 18 Apr 2003 14:37:36 +0200

Hi,

I haven't builtgarnome since 0.19 or so, but I always got them to build
up to then. Now with 0.23.1, building eog, I get this (woody backports
are running if it matters):

[ lots of warnings similar to the following for different schemas and
locales (probably all of them)]
WARNING: failed to install schema `/schemas/apps/eog/full_screen/bevel'
locale `pt': Failed to contact configuration server;
some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for
ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: IOR
file '/home/mario/.gconfd/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd
located: No such file or directory 2: IOR file
'/home/mario/.gconfd/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd
located: No such file or directory)
Error syncing config data: Failed to contact configuration server; some
possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit,
or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: IOR
file '/home/mario/.gconfd/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd
located: No such file or directory 2: IOR file
'/home/mario/.gconfd/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd
located: No such file or directory)make[3]: *** [install-data-local]
Error 1

I did check http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ and locking issues are
mentioned, but I still don't know what to do. Thanks for helping out