Running Garnome session as a user other than Root

Hi,

I finally finished building the garnome-0.23.1 yesterday, and happily
started using it as root.  However, when I tried to use it as a regular
user (because I don't want to be constantly running gnome 2.2 as root)
the gnome-session would start up, and then give me a blank window with
an error picture, and a blank button.  When I quit the X session, I
noticed that garnome was trying to read files from the /root location,
even though I set my .xinitrc to read from my user account's garnome
folder?!  Is there something I am forgetting to do in order to use
garnome's gnome 2.2 as a regular user on my linux installation?  Thanks!

- Andy