Re: some questions

<quote who="Amarpreet Rattan">

> I have a couple of questions.  When I try to change the toolbar settings
> on the desktop (i.e., text beside icons, text below icons) some programs
> don't respond.  For example, mozilla-1.3 and galeon-1.3.3 don't respond,
> however, ggv does.  I think this is a garnome issue.

Mozilla won't do it, because it's not a GNOME program. Galeon doesn't do it
because there seems to be a bug in there somewhere. Just about every other
GNOME program will respond to this correctly (nautilus, ggv, etc).

It's not a GARNOME issue, it's a bug in Galeon -> please report this!

> Secondly, I am running metacity and I can't figure out how to deal with
> window placement.  I have a .Xresources file which metacity seems to be
> reading as long as other windows are not open.  If other windows are open
> metacity put the windows where it wants (I admit, it places the windows
> in a smart way, i.e. if another window is open, it will place the new
> window out of the way of the old).  Is there a way to override this?

No.

    "I'm just mucking round down the shallow end of the literary pool, I
                          suppose." - Mick Molloy