Re: gdm and Sessions/Gnome

Could this have something to do with which resolution it's using?

Last I looked at my kdm file it was starting at a 100 dpi, while when I ran from bash it started at 72, because startx executed 'X -dpi ...'.

--Pat

Parrish M Myers wrote:
Hello,

I know this subject has come up quite a bit (gdm and garnome) but none
of the past posts seem to address this issue.  So...

I have just installed garnome 0.17.1 and set up gdm to run.  I added
the required LD_LIBRARY_PATH et. all to the
"$HOME/garnome/etc/gdm/gnomerc" file and logged in via gdm.  It works
great!  There is only one exception between simply using the
".xsession" file and gdm: the font size.  When I use the ".xsession"
file via startx the font "Sans 10" is of proper size to see on my
1600x1200 display.  But when I log in via gdm the size 10 font looks
small and I have to increase the font size to 14.
Is this an expected behavior, or is gdm doing something wrong in the
startup.  Garnome seems to run fine in every other respect...

Thanks
Parrish

=====