Re: Installing gnome 2 from local bz2 files

<quote who="marcomangiante virgilio it">

> I'm a novice and have some problem to try to install gnome 2 from local
> files. I acquired a magazine with a cd with sources of gnome 2. Now I
> would like to install gnome 2 with these and not with the download the
> files from the ftp or http. I follow the readme instructions and modified
> the gar config files and added the line file:///home/downloads/garnome
> (where I copied the bz2 source files).

With a modern GARNOME (0.16.x), you set the GARCHIVE variable in
gar.conf.mk. Note that it will still download files that you do not have in
your garchive, so if the files on your magazine disk are for an old version
of GNOME, it will download just about everything anyway.

Thanks,

     "World domination is a community responsibility." - Michael Hall,
                                LinuxPlanet