Re: Make GNOME Fast!
- From: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- To: Martin Pool <mbp samba org>
- Cc: garnome-list gnome org, distcc lists samba org
- Subject: Re: Make GNOME Fast!
- Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 07:20:16 +1000
<quote who="Martin Pool">
> The other thing that would help it would be to increase the level of
> parallelism in GARNOME. For example, you could compile gtk+ while you are
> downloading libgnome. This would help even for people without distcc, and
> for distcc it should be a big boost. Of course it will make it a little
> more complex, but no worse than -j in general.
Yeah, good call. I'm going to look into this once I've upgraded to latest
"Not only that, but Google is fast. In fact, it's quite competitive
with DNS." - Raph Levien
] [Thread Prev