Re: Turn off dependency checking?

<quote who="Larry McQueary">

> That much is simple, I agree -- but my issue is that I'd like to go back
> to the top-level build and effectively pick up where I left off once I
> have done the "make install" that you suggest.  Right know it takes as
> long as half an hour for me to move on to the next package when I am ready
> to resume the build (due to the package checking, re-checking, and
> re-re-checking :-) )

I'd like to work out what this is, as I've only had it reported on non-Linux
systems. It's a matter of optimising the cookie-finding [ I would prefer to
actually fix this problem, not remove the symptoms :-) ].

In the meantime, you'd have to remove the depends from the Makefiles, which
is a pretty onerous task without involving sed, and it will make your builds
barf.

So, let's work out why it's slow...

   It makes perfect sense. If you're a narcissistic arsehole spawned from
                            a curdled gene pool.