Errors building libgtop-2.0.0

Hi,

Me again. Still building on Solaris 8 w/gcc-3.2, and now I am using garnome-0.14.1.

Incidentally, I am compiling a list of the various things I have to twiddle to get the build to work, which I will happily post later for the archives, but here's a problem that's got me stumped:

in libgtop-2.0.0/src/daemon, my build fails after creating libgtop_daemon2 with the following error:

No rule to make target `libgtop_server', needed by `all-am'

Indeed, there don't appear to be any rules in Makefile for building this target, though it *is* at least mentioned in the Makefile. There are also some rules for building libgtop_server2. Anyone know the significance of this?

Somehow I can't imagine this would be a platform-specific issue, so surely someone else out there has run into it? Awaiting your wisdom before I start hacking and slashing in the Makefile.

Thanks,
Larry