Re: ignore checksum errors? (garnome 17.1 on AIX)

Yup. On AIX, running this code:
md5sum -c checksums 2>&1 | grep -- '$*' | grep -v ':[ ]\+OK'
generates this output:
download/gnome-panel-2.0.9.tar.bz2: OK

while on my RedHat 7.2 system, it generates no output.

Further investigation leads me to believe it's AIX's grep that is the root of the problem. I'll install GNU grep tomorrow and we'll see if that doesn't fix the problem.

Cheers!

Paul.

>>> Jeff Waugh<jdub perkypants org> 10/23/02 08:23PM >>>
<quote who="Paul Kent Anderson"/>

> The checksums file came with gargnome, and md5sum returns the identical
> sum. Can I get garnome to ignore checksum errors (I'll take the risk of
> corrupted files. I can check them by hand, after all.) _or_ any leads as
> to how to fix this? I can't find the checksum routines to troubleshoot
> them.

Let's try to fix this rather than working around it. :-) The checksum rule
starts on line 92 of gar.lib.mk. Perhaps AIX has different output that we
don't handle -> could you please test?

Thanks,

             "Laughter is a force for democracy." - John Cleese