Re: Upgrading from earlier versions of garnome

<quote who="Mads Kristensen">

> I'm currently running garnome 0.15 on my Debian box and I would like to
> upgrade to version 0.18. Is there any easy way of doing that without
> breaking anything? I'm using garnome as my primary platform om my work, so I
> can't afford to have any downtime when upgrading..

Change the prefix in gar.conf.mk and install there. Then change your startup
scripts. That way, you can go back to the old version if you need to.

I'd strongly recommend building the latest 0.17.x, as that is the latest in
the 2.0.x stable series, not the 2.1.x devel series. Plus it builds without
a lot of fartarsing around. :-)

> I know, I know... "don't use something like garnome for a production
> system!". But I just had to try Gnome2 so garnome seemed like the thing for
> me.. And it's been perfectly stable..

Aye, but when you find bugs, bug-buddy is your bestest friend! Please make
sure you build with -g. You'll have to go searching to turn that off anyway.
:-)

                           No clue is good clue.