Re: [Patch] 'prefetch': Recursively download files upfront

begin  Steve Smith  quotation:
> On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 20:57, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="Steve Smith">
> > > As a break from the fontconfig lark, this is a patch to add a
> > > new target 'prefetch' to GAR fetch all required files upfront.
> > > Mainly intended for those on dialup who want to do the network
> > > stuff upfront.
> >
> > You can always "make paranoid-checksum". :-)
>
> That was "upfront", not "forever".  On my connection I'd be better
> off waiting for sarge to be released. :)
>
> The point of that patch is to limit the downloads to everything
> needed and nothing more.  Works in the meta directories too.

Once I get X11R6 to compile (gar gar gar gar gar gar gar!!!!) I'm
thinking of adding a more generic "deep-" ruleset similar to the
"deep-clean" target.  Then you'd do a "make deep-checksum" in your
desired top-level package or "make deep-garchive" to ensure that only
the source tarballs you need will be downloaded.

--
A: No.