Re: No more problem with 0.18.0

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Jens Askengren">
>
> > This pice of software is imho simply not mature enough to be used as one
> > of the corner stones in Gnome2 yet.
>
> Oh, gee, welcome to our UNSTABLE DEVELOPMENT SERIES, of which pango 1.1.x
> relies on new X features. Sorry if this has caused you some INCONVENIENCE,
> the rest of us here are TESTING it.

Oh come on, we can have opinions of testing software.  Good thing it's
testing though or we'd all be mad at you for releasing it.  Let's just
make it not suck before it gets out of testing.  Step 1 to that seems to
be making Xft/Xrender not suck.  The versions that ship with fontconfig
seem to be pretty heavily tied to the X11 install tree.  Perhaps they need
to be made a little more robust before we can expect them to be usable.
Maybe I'm totally off-base on that though.  To me they just seem like
they're pulled from the xfree source and not really repackaged.

Sean