gnome-theme-properties / switching icon theme

Hello,

I don't know if the two things are related but ...

hacking-0.19.0 doesn't build gnome-theme-properties on my ydl2.3 distro.
Therefore "Applications -> Desktop-Preferences -> Theme" fails with
"Can't launch entry"
I can still set my Metacity and Gtk+ theme by launching
gnome-theme-properties from the garnome-0.18.3 installation I've around
but can anyone give me a hint how to set the icon theme now that I have
garnome's redhat artwork installed?

Thanks in advance,
Robert