Gnome desktop region selection....

Hi All,

Altough, I always found the default rubber-band selection method (selecting a region on the desktop by dragging the mouse) of Nautilus pretty fine, But, it kind of gives a perception of slow GNOME on some slow machines (laptops especially). I find the way the rubber-band selection using empty box method of "MS Windows" and "Window Maker" much better. Especially because it feels smooth and does not make me feel that my computer is slow and jerky.

Is there any way that one can change this?

I can experiment this on my Garnome 0.18.3 install.

Any help in this direction would be appreciated.

--Sandeep Khanna
Compaq 12XL125 laptop, AMD K6-II 533 Mhz, 30 Gb HDD, 192 Mb RAM
Mandrake 9, GNOME 2