configurable configure options in garnome?

Just started looking into garnome for setting up a GNOME build tree here at our site.  I have been having problems with libtool and its "file locking" mechanism, though...when attempting to build the distribution, I get

	Waiting for gmodule.o.lock to be removed

(this happens for modules other than glib).

Running configure with "--disable-libtool-lock" will clear this up, as will editing libtool to NOT try to create lock files for each module it tries to build.

I haven't found a reference to where to specify such global configure options.  Where do such configure options go?

   John Perkins			  |   University of Wisconsin-Madison
   Associate Researcher		  |   Department of Computer Science
   john cs wisc edu		  |   1210 W. Dayton St.
   608-262-0438/608-262-9997 FAX  |   Madison, WI  53706-1685