GARNOME-0.18.3/meta/gnome-desktop compiles smoothly and works ok on LFS-4.0

Welcome

Jeff, thank You very much for very usefull and easy to use piece of software.

I've built garnome on top of fresh LFS-4.0 (www.linuxfromscratch.org - whole linux from sources) (+ some libs and X11 of course). There were no major problems. I've installed gnome in /opt/gnome2.

I understand the main purpose of garnome : testing. But I think that garnome is the fast (probably the fastest) and easy (probably the easiest) way of building gnome-2 from sources only, as a 'central' dm also. (if someone prefers linux 'from sources' only - it probably has more proses : learning linux step by step for example) Garnome for testing is ok, but I'd like ask You to think a little about one little(?) modification. It would be nice (I hope) to implement another set of prefixes in gar.conf.mk to allow installing 'general purpose' libraries (like libxml, pango ..) in different location (/usr for example). It would be (more) nice to additionally implement switch which will allow to exlude these libraries
from dependencies and to use already installed.
If You ever decide to enhance garnome with these facilities then You will be fully right (in my opinion) if You will restrict that anyone who will use these features will do it "for his own risk" and should not make a noise on garnome-list
by posting messages about lack of compatibility,  broken dependencies etc.

Cheers,

Chris

(sorry - if my English hurts anybody's eyes)