Possible Garnome script inclusion?

Hi all!

I've just been trying to install Garnome for quite a few hours now, but have had a few problems on my very customized RedHat 7.1 system. I was able to get the scripts going again after a compilation failed, by making some very minor changes to a package (not the Garnome scripts), however a few packages later I had another problem which I cannot figure out.

I havn't had the time to go through all of the Garnome scripts to see how it all works. Basically, I'm unsure if the problem is
1. my compiler (probably likely - it's gcc 3.2 built from 2.96)
2. a problem with garnome
3. a problem with a certain gnome package

I intend to include a bug report if the problem is indeed gnome or garnome related, however in order to determine the likely cause of the problem the most obvious soultion is to try again on a system that is sane (such as Debian 3.0).

I have a very slow internet connection at home (where my Debian system is) and I need to get the files off my computer and onto a zip disks. The problem with this is 'make clean' seems to delete all the downloaded files, and if I just tar and bzip2 the whole thing I'll be including all of those extracted files, plus the binaries that I do not want. As I didn't download all the files individually previously (and hence don't have them all in a single directory), I need to go through all the directories and pick out the *.tar.gz2 files that I need. That would take some time.

Instead, I made a BASH script - my first one. When placed within the 'garnome-VERSION/gnome' directory, it can easily copy all of these relevant files to whichever destination you choose.

I was wondering if it would be possible to include this script (or something similar) into the official garnome distribution (or at least have it linked to from the garnome site)? This script has been most useful.

Although I don't have Garnome working yet, from what I can tell it looks an impressive gnome installer, and a great idea.

Regards,

Adam Bolte