Re: bind_textdomain_codeset error while building gnomevfs

<quote who="Robert Staudinger">

> - add --with-gnu-ld to your CONFIGURE_ARGS in gar.conf.mk

How is that going to affect portability of GARNOME to other systems such as
Solaris and *BSD?

> However this didn't work for all of the packages so here's what I did
> with the failing ones:
> - make clean in the base directory of the packages source tree
> - make sure that libgettextlib.so is in LDFLAGS as described above

Interesting, I'll look into fixing it somehow, because various distros have
an issue with it as it stands.

> - make sure that your new gnome's bin directory is in the PATH
> - make sure that your new gnome's lib directory is in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> - grep the configure args out of config.log for the respective package
> and reconfigure
> - make && make install

Those are handled by GARNOME normally anyway, so the real fixes are above.

      "Then it hit me: What I really want is for all edit panes in all
    applications to be gnuclient processes hooked to a centralized emacs
                     gnuserver process!" - Gary Murphy