Nautilus desktop_font issue

Hi,

Recently after installing garnome-0.10.0 I filed this bug at
bugzilla.gnome.org... I was told that this works in cvs...  So I
figured that I would bring it up here, thinking it may be something
specific to garnome...

Package: nautilus
Severity: normal
Version: 1.1.16
Synopsis: desktop icons have no text
Bugzilla-Product: nautilus
Bugzilla-Component: Backgrounds Emblems and Themes

Description of Problem:

When nautilus comes up for the first time the desktop icons have no
text
below them.

Additional Information:

The way to fix it was to open the configuration editor and navigate to:

/apps/nautilus/preferences

and change the setting desktop_font from "sans 12" to "arial 14" and I
have text under the icons again.

There seems to be no way of getting to that setting except through the
GConf editior... why doesn't the "Font Properties" dialog set the font
for the desktop?  Shouldn't it?  Why is the font any different than
"Standard Desktop Font"  aren't those icons on the desktop?

=====