Re: Garnome 0.1.0 starts .. and not.. : )

If i was in Garnome and could issue a command that would be fine.
There is nothing at all but a  grey screen.
Right click left click ..it just stands there dead..
What is the file where you checked for the fonts ?
So you like me had a totally dead Garnome ?

Richard

Dan Kelly wrote:

I had the same problem -- no gnome-panel appeared -- so I just
gnome-panel directly by doing

	cd ~/garnome/bin ; ./gnome-panel

and then I noticed that there were errors about fonts in
~/.xsession-errors, so I changed the font from "...console..." to
"...arial..." (which I picked randomly as a test) and now it seems OK,
in the sense that I can logout and then log back in, and I get the
panel now.  (I used some gui thingee to change the font; not sure
which thingee though ...  that's the downside of gui tools; it's hard
to describe how they are wielded over email.)

I don't know whether this will help anybody else.  My
~/.xsession-errors file was cleared of the font errors, and so I can't
double-check on the details.  Still, the above test just takes a few
seconds.

_

--
Dan E. Kelley, Associate Professor                phone:(902)494-1694
Oceanography Department, Dalhousie University       fax:(902)494-2885

PGP Fingerprint:   5A5E 447C B68E DCBC F957  7B08 74A4 89E1 AE52 C7B9
Public Key ID:     1024D/AE52C7B9