Re: ppc users' questions ( XSETTINGS ... )

<quote who="Robert Staudinger">

> Yesterday I had time to revisit my garnome installation on my iBook for
> the XSETTINGS issue. I reconfigured/rebuilt/reinstalled gtk+ (2.0.2) to
> be completely sure. However - after a reboot the XSETTINGS error
> remained.

My iBook works fine after adding the patch to GARNOME's GTK+ garball. The
fix is not in 2.0.2 itself, it's in the patch I've included. When GARNOME
builds GTK+, this patch is automatically added in.

Can you verify that you have a files/ directory under the gtk+ garball, and
that the patch is there?

> Another thing I don't seem to get right is gtk theme/font switching. The
> capplets work and if I select a different font/theme the next time the
> capplet is started the right font/theme is still selected - however the
> ui does not show any change.

This is related to the XSETTINGS issue.