Rhythmbox problems...

Just wondering if anyone has rhythmbox working consistently? Everything
compiled without problems on my system, but then when I run it, it
crashes as the splash screen is loading.  I know i'm not being very
specfic, but it's not really giving me specific errors. If someone could
maybe guide me to where more specific errors can be found, I'd be glad
to report them.

fwiw... I'm getting my id3taglib from the MAD project. Could this be a
problem?

Thanks!
--
| matthew walburn      |  mit dept. of mathematics |