Re: freetype compilation errors.

I was playing around with building from CVS instead of garnome, and I
figured I'd try using Slacky's freetype 2 instead of downloading and
building my own, it seems to work fine.  So one idea would be to remove
gnome/libfreetype from the list of dependancies, and let everything link
against the version bundled with X.  it seems those errors that pop up
while linking just have to do with different sets of header files, not
anything wrong with the slackware version.  i haven't noticed any
problems so far, and still have my anti-aliased truetype fonts :)

An easier way to do that is to go into gnome/libfreetype/work and do
"make uninstall", that way garnome will still think it's installed (the
cookies) but everything else will use the bundled version.  Then run
configure / make again for the pango package (doing a make clean, or rm
-rf gnome/pango/work will do it) and then go back into
meta/gnome-desktop and do a make all install.

Hope that works for you :)

-Sam