Re: garnome 0.12 font file not found on startup

On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 15:09, Naru wrote:
> ** (gnome-session:6882): WARNING **: Unable to open font file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/lcdxsr.pfa for font LuciduxSans 10, exiting
>
> now I checked and LuciduxSans seems to be a default font shipped with XFree86 4.2.0. unfortunately there's no such thing in the Mandrake 8.2 rpms. Even worse, this file is nowhere to be found in any Mandrake packages (checked with urpmf against 8.2 & 8.2 update).
>
> anyone got any pointers as to how change the default font? i grepped on all the gconfd xml directories and found no such string, but it must surely be doable.

Don't know where to change it. If you're interested in getting the
missing font: Debian ships it with the libqt3-emb package. You can
download the source (quite big though) from
   http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libs/libqt3-emb.html
The tarball includes the font you're looking for.

Martijn