default configuration

Hi,
I have succesfully installed garnome 0.10.6 but still use gnome 1.4. The
reason is that garnome / gnome2 is barely usable after compilation:
empty panel, crashing applets (system monitor), gnumeric with thousands
of very small cells, nautilus crash when activating the 'tree' in the
sidebar, controlcenter not in the menus, no buttons for basic operations
like copy / paste / delete in the nautilus toolbar.
Allthough this sounds quit negatively I really like gnome and am
impressed by the improvements in gnome2 and would like to have a good
working gnome2.
Will the next version of garnome that belongs to the final gnome 2.0 be
more usable out of the box, or do I have to wait for ximian gnome 2.0 or
something like that. I prefer a home build gnome2 over a precompiled
version, so garnome is favorite over ximian.

Bye,

Martijn

P.S. I know garnome 0.12 has been released but I did not yet have time
to compile it.