garnome install

Greetings,

I am running garnome on RH 7.3 I have 1 gig of ram, and dual 933. It
compiles with no errors.
When I go to start x, It takes about 45/60 mins for gnome2 to start up. I
then did some checks, and nothing `looks` odd. I did see 3 nautils processes
running I opened a terminal which took 5 mins to load. I launched some of
the gtk2 apps and they take anywhere from 5 to 30 mins to start.

Has anyone seen this? It also happens with red-carpets build as well.
I do get an error msg about not being able to talk to my sound card, but
that should not make gnome2 so slow..

Thanks.

Vito.