Re: backing up gnome configs

<quote who="Simon Wong">

> Are you using G2 exclusively now?  Is it stable enough?

Yeah, have been for some time. It's very stable, although there are known
issues; these will be described in the release notes. :-)

> My test user's account doesn't seem to be saving the settings in my
> gnome-terminal

Your settings are saved as part of a profile; make sure you change stuff
using the "Edit Current Profile..." entry on the context menu. Stuff you
change in the menus *won't* be saved.

> (ahh, tabbed windows by default :-)

You just open a new tab through the menu or Ctrl-Shift-T; what do you mean
by 'default'?

> I maight be tempted soon but am a little hesitatnt at the moment as my
> system is quite critical to my work...

I was using G2D with a different user for a long time, as I do a lot of work
on my home computer. Now I'm using G2D full time on this box, and my iBook.
I've removed my GNOME 1.x Desktop component packages (gnome-core,
gnome-utils, etc), too. :-)

> Will try out 0.10.6 next week...

(If you're running 0.10.5, 0.10.6 doesn't have any changes - it's just there
to fix up a KDE issue.)

       o/~ In spite of all those keystrokes, you're addicted to vim.
                              *ka-ching!* o/~