Re: backing up gnome configs

<quote who="Ken Foskey">

> Is backing up my gnome settings simply a matter of
>
> cd ~
> tar cvf gnomebackup.tar .gnome

Pretty much (there are a few other things for GNOME 1.x); but you won't need
to if you're installing GNOME 2.x. Unfortunately, it doesn't interact with
your G1 settings at all.

Good for testing, bad for integration.

Early on in the testing process, I was using a different user to play with
GARNOME/GNOME 2.x. I'd suggest that if you're not keen to shift.

                      Is Murphy's Law constitutional?