Re: Sound PLEASE

According to your permissions, the audio group doesn't have any rights
to the sound card, only root does.  you should try chmod g+rwx /dev/dsp
/dev/mixer ...

Unless I have something backwards, the first set of letters for ls -al
are for owner, the next set are for group, and the last set are for
"everyone else".  ls is saying that only root has rw access, --- for
group, and --- for everyone else.

Well, unless you're running garnome as root, then you've got access to
it no matter what, but that's usually not such a good idea, and Nautilus
will make it a point to inform you of that every time you start it :)

-Sam