Re: Garnome as default for all users

ahmad bitbuilder com wrote:

So I'm really happy Gar/Gnome2 I havn't seen my gnome 1.4 desktop for a real long time. The deal is garnome is build under my account only and installed in ~/garnome What do I need to do to get it to install as the default gnome for all users?

Hi,

I have installed garnome in the /opt directory (/opt/garnome)
so all users can start it from there.

In gar.conf.mk change the following line

from  prefix ?= $(HOME)/garnome

to    prefix ?= /opt/garnome

Comile it.

And then change the settings in the .xsession file:

PATH=/opt/garnome/bin:$PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/garnome/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH GDK_USE_XFT=1

That's all.

ciao Andreas