a positive note

Just to offer a counterpoint to the bug reports:

I am running Slackware 8.1 (mostly). I have used garnome-0.12.2 to build
both Gnome2 and KDE 3.0.2. The gnome-desktop and kde builds both completed
without errors. The gnome-fifth-toe did not build without errors (but I
ignored them with "make -k install"), but those programs aren't important
to me anyway. I did lose my nice AA fonts, but those aren't a requirement,
either. For all I know, my hand-upgrade techniques for Slackware is what
clobbered the fonts.

In any case, I am running Gnome2 final. I'm grateful to Jeff Waugh and
Nick Moffitt for putting so much work into a build system that kicks
ass. Without it, I would still be fighting with dependencies.

Thanks, guys.