Re: GARNOME 0.12.1: "Can't Dance In These Old Shoes"

> Here are the compilor options that i used on my Pentium 3:
>
> CFLAGS += -msse -O3 -falign-functions=4 -fomit-frame-pointer
> -mfancy-math-387 -pipe -march=pentium3 -mfpmath=sse

I should try the -mfpmath=sse option as well, and see if it gives a
difference.
Does your processor not support mmx-instructions?

> I'm using gcc3.1 3.1.1-0pre3 from Debian Sid.
>
> Garnome compiles fine here. And so far its quite stable and fast. Didn't
> tryout for too long as i went straight to compiling KDE3 after a bit of
> testing.

So far I did have stability problems three times. On some click of a
button or whatever it was the whole Xserver came down. Off course taking
all running X-applications with it.
It has not happened since, but I suspect my compiler optimizations to be
the cause. Before using optimization this didn't happen at all.

Let us know if something similar happens.

Thanks,

-A.