Re: GARNOME 0.12.1: "Can't Dance In These Old Shoes"

)> > GARNOME 0.12.1: "Can't Dance In These Old Shoes"

> ... and a quick 0.12.2 release because I was being inattentive with my
> checkins. :-)

Oh.. Cheepers! I just spend whole night watching garnome 0.12.2 compile.
:-)

Do the new versions of libxml and libxslt have significant changes to
warrant a new compile of garnome? Or perhaps just those packagaes
depending on libxml/lixslt.

BTW could you add a dependency for gdm in your next release. Because of
the graphical greeter is depends on libsrvg.

I compiled with the following compiler options, and so far it runs
smooth. I am not sure if I choose all the right options but I think I
did.

CFLAGS += -O3 -falign-functions=4 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
-mfancy-math-387 -pipe -march=pentium3 -mmmx -msse

I also like to share with the garnome-croud this handy oneliner to
follow progress a bit.

echo "Packages completed: $(((`ls -al ./gnome/*/work/*/Makefile|wc -l`*
100)/`ls -al ./gnome|wc -l`))%"

It ain't perfect because it will not sure 100% during normal build. But
when compiling gnome-desktop it ends around 65%.

I thought of having some progress indicator build into garnome, I even
studied the build-system a bit. But sofar I have not yet figured out how
to implement my ideas.
This one-liner gives some sort of feedback, and suits my needs enough
until this itch really asks for a good scratch.

Have fun,

-A.