Re: GTK2 Themes

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 19:53:28 +1000
Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> exclaimed:

> <quote who="Matt Whimp & Sarah Kemp">
>
> > > Do you have gnome-settings-daemon running when under KDE?
> >
> > That just kills my kde desktop.  Doesn't assist with themes.  Is
> > there something I'm missing in invoking the daemon.  I just launch
> > it from$HOME/garnome/bin.
>
> gnome-settings-daemon kills KDE?! Holy shit. If that's happening, then
> we have greater problems... ;-)
>
> - Jeff

I didn't say kills KDE, I said it kills the kdesktop.

Pre running the daemon,

ps aux | grep desktop shows the kdesktop running.

I run gnome-settings-daemon, then search for pidof kdesktop, and
nothing.

The desktop is blue, no icons, nothing.

Type kdesktop in the terminal and the kde desktop returns.

Any thoughts?

---------
Matt and Sarah

	  |E]