Re: Missing downloads??

<quote who="rfriedman space com">

> My main question is that, as I look through my garnome-0.12.0 directory, I
> see quite a few things that, apparently, weren't downloaded. Is this
> because they're not available for Gnome2 yet? Or should I try those things
> again? I have no idea what some of them are. Here is a list of the things:

There's a *lot* of stuff in GARNOME that is not built as part of the
gnome-desktop meta garball. The other meta garballs build most of them
though. Or, you can just build each garball yourself as you want them.

Anyway, here's what they all are:

> acme

A multimedia keys daemon, originally for modern Mac portables, now has
configuration bits so other PCs can use it. I love it on my iBook.

> at-spi

Part of the accessibility toolkits.

> crux (although I seem to have the crux theme for nautilus)

The Crux GTK+ engine theme.

> file-roller

Cool winzip-like program, works great with nautilus.

> gal2

GNOME Application Library 2, mostly ported GAL for use with Gnumeric.

> ggv

GNOME GhostView

> gimp
> gimp-print

The GIMP 1.3.x!

> glade

GLADE for G2...

> gnome-common

Stuff for people who want to build from CVS. Not very useful with GARNOME
really. ;-)

> gnumeric

Ported, working very nicely too.

> gthumb

Image viewer, thumbnailing program, slideshow viewer. Pretty cool.

> gtk-cleanice-engine
> gtk-thinice-engine

More theme engines.

> libart-lgpl

libart rendering library. Definitely built with gnome-desktop.

> libgail-gnome

More accessibility stuff.

> libmrproject
> mrproject

MrProject! Sweet! Even better than the 1.x version.

> libole2

For Gnumeric, does bastardo Windows file format stuff.

> magicdev

Bastien's port of the Red Hat utility to G2, does cool stuff with DVD's and
CDROMs. Make sure you look at the capplet for it.

> metatheme

Groups various kinds of themes into themeballs and has a pretty interface.
Planned for, but not included with G2D because it was still a bit borky.

> pan

News reader, ported.

> xchat

Ported, even more crackful.

   "I believe in true love. But I am easily satisfied." - Miguel de Icaza