fontconfig issues

Hello,

First, I want to say that I like Garnome a lot!!

And second... I have some problems with fontconfig.  I did install
Garnome 0.19.5 and when I'm trying to execute gnome-session or any other
program, like gedit, I got this message:

[garnome localhost garnome]$ garnome/bin/gedit

(gedit:1514): Gtk-WARNING **: Whoever translated default:LTR did so
wrongly.

No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org

I did look in fontconfig.org and list archives but I got nothing.

Can someone tell me what is wrong with it?
How do I configure fontconfig?
What does LTR means?

When it says "is not correctly configured" it means the ./configure
script or some configuration file??

Thanx in advance,

-William.