Re: That close to upgrading Gnome. =

If I understand you correctly you have already compiled garnome. So you
are almost there.

If you are not running gdm (or xdm) you can logon as your preferred user
and do the following:
- set up the path to make sure that /home/temp/garnome/bin is before
/home/temp/gnome/bin.
- set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to /home/temp/garnome/lib (of add
this to /etc/ld.so.conf)
- then make a .xinitrc file in your home directory that starts
/home/temp/garnome/bin/gnome-session

And voila you are there

Ron