Beginners questions...

I'd like to have a Gnome2 desktop and somebody suggested I should get
garnome!

BUT! At home, I cannot download megabytes of data because of my dial-in
connection. So I'm going to download some tarballs at school and bring
it back and tell garnome that I've already downloaded everything.

 The question is which tarballs should I download? (For example:
 I'll download the latest version of garnome, which gnome2 version
 should I get?)

 If I download everything from the gnome2 version's dir (Lets say from
 2.1.3.) will it be enough?

Thank you,
    a Beginner