Re: gernome 1.4.* compiling error vith gconvert

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> <quote who="Olivier Gu?ry">
>
> > >That may have confused configure -> kill it and try again.
> >
> > You think a  rpm -e ??
> >
> > I also got a libiconv 1.8 compiled and install.
>
> ^ ARGH! NO WONDER!

That's a problem I've had too.  Perhaps I didn't read libiconv close
enough.  libiconv is only for systems without glibc (or maybe system with
really ancient glibc).  I don't know why mandrake would give you the
option of installing it.  You definitely shouldn't have it though.

Sean