Re: Garnome 0.13.1, GTK+ compile errors

>> I get undefined references to 'FT_Stream_GetShort' and a few other
similar
>> errors when linking one of the X11 components of GTK+.
>
>> Has anybody else with Slackware 8.1 managed to get Garnome to build
Gnome
>> 2.0.1?
>> Anybody have any problems similar to mine?
>

> Yes, you need to remove the old freetype headers. With package
management,
> that's really easy, with Slackware... Um... :-) But yeah, that's all you
> need to do.
>
> - Jeff

The old freetype headers and the old freetype library are part of XFree
4.20. If I remove those or upgrade them, won't it affect other applications
on the system?

I also managed to get Gnome 2.0.1 build by modifying Garnome 0.13.1 to use
freetype 2.0.5, instead of 2.1.2.

Thanks,
Gilles

Unless otherwise expressly stated, this message does not create or vary any
contractual relationship between you and ARC International.  The contents
of this e-mail may be confidential and if you have received it in error,
please delete it from your system, destroy any hard copies and telephone
the above number.  Incoming e-mails to ARC may be subject to monitoring
other than by the addressee.