Re: Failure to compile libgnomecanvas demos

Martin Tee wrote:
Hi,

Trying to compile Gnome 2.0.1 on a Linuxfromscratch box using garnome-0.13.1. Getting some problem with atexit, but I can't find any reference to atexit anywhere in the code. Using gcc v2.95.3. I've tried compiling as root, as user and reinstalling but always the same error.

Output is:

Making some progress. Installed garnome-0.12.2 and then garnome-0.13.1 on top in $HOME/garnome. This compiles without any errors. Running startx complains about lack of /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory directory. Created this and changed permissions for a normal user and now it seems to work. Just a LFS quirk I suppose. YMMV.

Martin