Re: Failure to compile libgnomecanvas demos

<quote who="Martin Tee">

> Trying to compile Gnome 2.0.1 on a Linuxfromscratch box using
> garnome-0.13.1. Getting some problem with atexit, but I can't find any
> reference to atexit anywhere in the code. Using gcc v2.95.3. I've tried
> compiling as root, as user and reinstalling but always the same error.

To start, I should mention that it's very difficult to provide any kind of
support for LFS, as no one has any idea how hideously frankensteined your
system is but it's creator - you.

With regards to your compilation issue, I seem to remember it had something
to do with mismatched X/freetype libraries. GARNOME archives don't provide
any information, you may have better luck asking on gnome-list or attempting
to find someone amongst the LFS crowd who has had the same issue.

Thanks,

    "Learning and doing is the true spirit of free software -- learning
   without doing gets you academic sterility, and doing without learning
    is all too often the way things are done in proprietary software." -
                                Raph Levien