Garnome 0.13 problems

Hi,

My configuration:
Compaq 12XL125 laptop: AMD K6-III 533 Mhz, 192 Mb RAM, Mandrake 8.2 + Gnome 1.4 and/or Gnome 2 (Garnome)

I finally managed to get Garnome 0.13 working after I could not get it running the first time because of "Unable to load unicode character map for font Blue Highway..." errors in .xsession-errors.

To overcome this, I removed the /use/share/fonts/ttf/western directory from the xfs font path. Just by saying chkfontpath --remove=/usr/share/fonts/ttf/western it does not work. Somehow, you still get errors from Garnome that it could not load the font Blue Highway !!! So, I just moved that 'western' directory to some temporary location and got Garnome working.

- Metacity is good. But, Unfortunately, Just as in my Garnome 0.12.2, I could not find any configuration (or even a single entry) for Metacity in the GConf editor. Moreover, I could not find a way to have more than one virtual desktop configured in Metacity and nor in Sawfish....My GConf is gone bonkers I guess.

- My keyboard still does not repeat the keys. i.e. if I keep a key pressed it does not get repeated but, gets typed just once , that's it !!!

- The laptop Battery applet gets added to the panel and you can see it's entry in the GConf editor under the key "/apps/panel/profiles/default/applets" but, it doesn't show up. This was a problem in Garnome 0.12.2 also. Although, I did see the battery applet occasionally once in a while. What was scary was.....once I could not see the battery applet and I just tried adding again and again.......and once when it did decide to show up......I had a bunch(5-10) of them in the panel !!!!!

- The themes don't seem to work now. They were working in Garnome 0.12.2
Gnome Menu-->Desktop Preferences-->Themes  ....broken

- Although, I compiled Garnome 0.13 with the optimization flags: -03 and etc ....by uncommenting the compile flags in category.mk in 'garnome-0.13.0/gnome' source tree. But, it is still as slow as my Garnome 0.12.2 which was compile with just: '-02 pipe -g' . I did not see any performance gain by the overnight compilation that it took for Garnome 0.13

- Where are all the applications that everyone's been talking about .....Garnomr has this new multimedia app, it has that new app, etc.....I just see the usual ones in the Gnome Menu

- The System monitor with Garnome (both 0.12.2 and 0.13) is sooooo slow. The older System monitor is much faster. Why so?

Hope we are able to understand and resolve these issues.

Thanks in advance.
Sandeep