Re: Unable to start garnome 0.13

Aschwin van der Woude <aschwin van der woude creanor com> writes:

> > Just downloaded, compiled, installed in User directory the latest
> > garnome 0.13
> >
> > I had backed up my previous garnome 0.12.2 in
> > /home/sandeepk/garnome-0.12.2 directory.
> >
> > When I try to start Gnome 2 (garnome 0.13) using my GDM as I did with
> > the previous version (0.12.2), It does something and then throws me back
> > to the GDM login screen. I found this in my /home/sandeepk/.xsession-errors
> >

> > ** (process:6473): WARNING **: CORBA_ORB_destroy: ORB still has 2 refs.
> >
> > ** (process:6473): WARNING **: ORB: a total of 6 refs to 5 ORB objects
> > were leaked
> > SESSION_MANAGER=local/sandeepk:/tmp/.ICE-unix/6397
> > Loaded background '0x80ce3a0
> >
> > ** (gnome-session:6397): WARNING **: Cannot load unicode character map
> > for font Blue Highway 10
> >
> > ** (gnome-session:6397): WARNING **: Cannot set unicode character map
> > for fallback font, nothing to do

I see the same problem. I "resolved" it by un-setting my font
preferences in the gconf files (eurgh!). Anyway, on playing around it
appears that I can't select any .ttf fonts without crashing the font
selector (Nautilus behaves the same way).

Has something broken truetype font support?

One thing to note is that I didn't remove my previous garnome
installation, just installed over the top. Could that be the problem?

Regards
Lee
--
+------------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet --------------