Got Garnome downloaded and installed, but...

being the Newbie that I am, I cannot figure out how to actually run it.  I am operating a RedHat Linux 7.3 Athlon XP system (kernel is revision 2.4.18-5).  One thing I did - which may have been a mistake - is that I performed the download/installation as my user-self and not as root.  What I am coming up against are situations such as being unable to locate directory names mentioned on the Garnome home page.

Any help anyone wishes to provide will be deeply appreciated.

Respond to both this e-mail address and to mccordrm swbell net if you would.

Thanks, y'all.

Richard McCord