Re: Suggestions and Questions

Hi,

Off course the window-manager needs to support Gconf and those entries.
Metacity does but don't know of any other. Perhaps sawfish does too.

Just tried Metacity. Looks slightly faster than Sawfish. I especially liked the simple window decorations. Although, when you resize the windows you can see a lot of window trails. Also, When I killed sawfish and started metacity on the command-line, it said Window manager warning: 0 stored in GConf key /apps/metacity/general/num_workspaces is not a reasonable number of workspaces, current maximum is 32

And, When I tried looking in the GConf editor, I did not find the mentioned key/path/entry at all !!! No configuration entries in GConf editor for Metacity at all !!

latest releases?? I think I did download the latest from
http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/garnome/ which was 0.12.2 .
I keep track of announcements and check the ftp-server once in a while
for updates. I then update the garnome-makefile for the package and
recompile it. :-)

-a.

Also, Do you know if we there is something like disk defragmentation for Linux or not. And, If so, Do I have to run it often. I remember doing that in Windows OS speeds up it up a bit by rearranging stuff.

Thanks in advance,
Sandeep

--
Sandeep Khanna
Professional Software Developer

Quote of the day:
Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.
Bill Bradley