Re: root priviledged software access in X

<quote who="Sandeep Khanna">

> Recently, I noticed that I was not able to use any of the root priveledged
> utilities like Mandrake Control center, rpmdrake, etc.  Usually, it used
> to present me with a dialog box to enter the root password and then would
> proceed depending upon the correct password.  What was happening was that,
> I could briefly see the password dialog and it would disappear. The entry
> in /var/log/messages is as follows...  (This is for Mandrake control
> center)

Dude, this is a Mandrake issue with their GNOME 1.4 - nothing to do with
GNOME 2.0 or GARNOME.

    "Orphaned farm-boy hero helps save world against bad-guys, begins a
   journey of self-discovery, and makes interesting friends. Passable." -
                        Andrew Bennetts on Star Wars