Re: Some tips and questions

> ...I simply love GNOME...

Me too. :-)

> Over the past few months I have been exclusively using Mandrake 8.2 +
> GNOME 1.4 and occasionally using Windows 2000 on the other partition for
> Microsoft Money. I wish there was a Microsoft Money equivalent in Linux
> (I know about GnuCash, but, it still has a lot to catch up with MS
> Money) or I could somehow use MS Money in Linux (I tried Wine, and
> unfortunately if you have Win2K your chances of running most of the apps
> are very bleak :(  )

Try Crossover Office.  It's an implementation of wine specific for office
applications.  Naturally, works better with some products than others.
For instance, it can run Word, Excel and Powerpoint just as well as on
Windows.

I didn't see MS Money on their site.  That doesn't mean that it doesn't
work, it means that they don't have reports either way.

You should try it.  If you ask, they will give you an evaluation version.

As for your GNOME 2 troubles, well, at least you got something running.
I never actually got mine to work at all.  Currently I'm busy, so I'll
have to come back to it later.

Cheers,
Daniel.