[gamin] gam_server fails to start on CentOS 5

Good afternoon group,

I was using gamin to monitor a few directories with a daemon process
on Centos 4. After moving to Centos 5 I have noticed that gam_server
does not start automatically when the monitoring daemon is started, as
it did on Centos 4.

Now FAMOpen fails with: Connection refused

gam_server never starts.

When I launch gam_server manually and then start the daemon everything
works fine for awhile, until gam_server decides to shut off and the
daemon no longer can connect again.

Thoughts?

Note: Minimum install of CentOs 5:
gamin-0.1.7-8.el5