Re: [gamin] make Gamin support Solaris

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 09:49:15PM +0800, Lin Ma wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> This is the patch for Solaris File Events Notification (FEN) backend.
> Pls review it.

  I have a general problem with the patch in the sense it includes
the FEN support but also a very large set of completely unrelated changes
some being Solaris portability, some being complete random changes
(like the MAINTAINER one).
  Can you please rereview your patch, split what is actually FEN support,
what is Solaris portability patches and drop other chnages or send
separate posts for each of those. Currently there is way too much stuff
in your patch, taht makes it hard to review and impossible to apply, thanks !

> Currently all the test scenarios except 4.tst can be passed. But 4.tst
> seems to conflict to 9.tst, and I can find the precise definition about
> monitoring directory, could you tell me the reason? I will work another
> patch accordingly.

  http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?coll=0650&db=bks&fname=/SGI_Developer/books/IIDsktp_IG/sgi_html/ch08.html

  Is what we got from SGI
Difference between tests 4 and 9 are that 9 monitors a directory being created
while 4 monitors a already created directory (and in that case you get
events about the content of the dir).

Daniel